Sat, March 4, 2023
11:00 am - 3:30 pm
Retro Computer Museum, Leicester
Hello fellow geeks! Our away missions are back! Trips out as a group to explore new places! First up is the Leicester Retro Computer Museum
Join us as we check out a hidden gem right here in Leicester, The Retro Computer Museum! This is no look and learn museum you get to play the games and when the bridge crew checked it out (pre covid) they even had arcade machines and VR machines you stand/sit in!
The museum say it’s best if we buy tickets on the day to benefit from any group rates but if you want a ticket in advance see their website for details. ((an Eventbrite ticket does not count as entry to the museum. Ours are just to confirm numbers))
Cost: Adults £7.50 (group rate confirmed on the day)
Location: Unit A, Troon Way Business Centre, Humberstone Lane, Leicester, LE4 9HA
Travel: Everyone to meet at the museum for 11am (late arrivals will need their own ticket)
- If you plan to drive and have spare seats please let others know
- Bus options include 21 from Haymarket or the 4 with an 11 minute walk (remember the £2 bus fare cap will be in operation)
Please book an Eventbrite ticket or let the captain know if you plan to attend, again these do NOT give access to the museum, they are just for number checking.
- Eventbrite tickets NOT required, but helps keep count of how many are joining us. Access code SBLGEEKS.
- Tickets available: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/starbase-leicester-away-mission-to-the-retro-computer-museum-tickets-533759628417
Covid changes: We will be doing everything in our power to keep people safe with hand sanitizer and fresh air and the reminder to only attend if well.
- Please only attend if you feel well your usual
- You’re welcome to bring sanitizer/wear masks
- We will be taking contact details for covid secureness
If you’ve any questions, requests or ideas for things we can do let the captain know firstname.lastname@example.org
More Important details:
- Over 16’s only (16 and 17 year olds to bring an adult) as part of StarBase Leicester but this is a public venue that welcomes children too.