Sat, July 1, 2023
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Join us for a team walk towards the big 2023 challenge! All in aid of Loros, getting out and about with friends and helping the planet!
We are walking, cycling or even rowing 1779 miles! (not all in one go of course!) That’s the same distance Frodo and Sam travelled with the One Ring between Hobbiton and Mount Doom.
Today we will walk from the statue of liberty (yes we have one here in Leicester!) to Everards Meadows LE19
Info and tips:
- Start point: Mini Statue of Liberty 2pm, Walnut St, Leicester LE2 7DZ or what 3 words https://w3w.co/focal.sentences.dash
- Distance: Approximately 3.2 miles + exploring (and getting to the start point if you like)
- Feel free to bring a Pic-Nic if the weather holds out, though there is a coffee shop and lots of other things as we’re near Fosse Park
- Your choice if you bus, cycle or walk back
- Have a fully charged phone so strava can track your distance.
- Pace: We will pace to our slowest team members or split into speedy and chilled teams depending on the day
- Please wear sensible shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Fundraising page https://www.justgiving.com/page/starbase-leicester-1779miles
- Earn another event towards your 2023 Golden Club Badge.
- Eventbrite tickets available but not necessary. It simply helps keep track of numbers.
- Tickets available at https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/653778056767
- Please only attend if you feel 100% well/usual
- Over 18’s only
Contact us if you’d like any details firstname.lastname@example.org