Sat, August 26, 2023
2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
Join us for a team walk towards the big 2023 challenge! All in aid of Loros, getting out and about with friends and helping the planet!
We are walking, cycling and running 1779 miles or more! That’s the same distance Frodo and Sam travelled with the One Ring between Hobbiton and Mount Doom.
Today we will be exploring the Botanic Garden and Attenborough Arboretum and Brocks Hill Country Park
Info and tips:
- Start points (take your pick):
- Haymarket Bus station to get the 14:03 x7 bus (+11 minute walk)
- The Botanic Gardens entrance 14:30 ish https://w3w.co/landed.tides.chill
- Brocks Hill Visitor Centre for 4pm (ish – text the captain for eta from Garden team) https://w3w.co/easy.shirts.hunt
- Distance: Exploring the gardens and park and if you’re a long distance walker you can even walk back!
- We’re currently investigating if Brocks Hill has toilets
- Have a fully charged phone so strava can track your distance.
- Pace: We will pace to our slowest team members or split into speedy and chilled teams depending on the day.
- Please wear sensible shoes and weather appropriate clothing (and if you suffer from hay fever antihistamines may be a wise idea for the gardens)
- Fundraising page https://www.justgiving.com/page/starbase-leicester-1779miles
- Earn another event towards your 2023 Golden Club Badge.
- Eventbrite tickets available but not necessary. It simply helps keep track of numbers and help coordinate transport. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/team-walk-5-brocks-hill-country-park-tickets-653893843087
- Please only attend if you feel 100% well/usual
- Over 18’s only