Sun, August 6, 2023
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Join us for a team walk towards the big 2023 challenge! All in aid of Loros, getting out and about with friends and helping the planet!
We are walking, cycling or even rowing 1779 miles! (not all in one go of course!) That’s the same distance Frodo and Sam travelled with the One Ring between Hobbiton and Mount Doom.
Today we will be exploring Watermead Country Park
Info and tips:
- Start point: Haymarket bus station 11am OR 12pm Fingers Lake Car Park (getting there by foot, bike, car etc) https://w3w.co/going.begin.loss
- Distance: Decided on the day but choice is
Red Route 1 mile/ 30 mins Hard surface path
Purple Route 2 miles 1 hour Hard surface path
Or for the big walkers… BOTH!
- Feel free to bring a Pic-Nic as we’ll be exploring over lunchtime
- Have a fully charged phone so strava can track your distance.
- Pace: We will pace to our slowest team members or split into speedy and chilled teams depending on the day. PLEASE NOTE this will be uneven ground and possibly hilly
- Please wear sensible shoes and weather appropriate clothing
- Fundraising page https://www.justgiving.com/page/starbase-leicester-1779miles
- Earn another event towards your 2023 Golden Club Badge.
- Eventbrite tickets available but not necessary. It simply helps keep track of numbers and help coordinate transport. https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/team-walk-4-watermead-tickets-653807825807
- Please only attend if you feel 100% well/usual
- Over 18’s only